We at MapleWiz Solutions Inc., have introduced a new product called YoPets which is a GPS pet tracking solution.
Leveraging latest CAT-M1 and Nb-IOT technology, our main focus is to provide you location updates of your pet and instant notifications if your pet leaves the safe area. By using YoPets mobile app, you will be able to learn the whereabouts of your beloved companion.
We are committed to the principles of respecting your privacy, keeping your data safe, and allowing you to decide how your information is used and shared.
We ensure that:
- We only collect data that is useful to process transactions, send periodic emails and to improve YoPets’ user’s experience
- Reasonable security measures are in place to protect your data
- We are transparent about our practices and explain them in clear language
We may update this policy over a period of time as we continue to strive to look for new innovative ways of improving user experience. We will provide notice on the app should we change this policy substantially.
Moreover, you can always reach out to us for clarifications or questions if something in this policy does not make sense. Our email address is email@example.com
- Information Gathering
- Visiting the Website
- Placing an Order
When placing an order, you will be asked to fill some personal information, including your email address, shipping address, name and phone. We save the data so that we can provide customer service related to the purchase and process your order through our fulfilment partner.
In order to complete your order on our website, you’ll need to provide payment information. We do not, however, view or store your credit card information. This is handled by our third-party payment processor.
- Creating a YoPets Account
When accessing the App and if you want to access data collected by your Device from the YoPets App, you must create a YoPets account.
When you create a YoPets account, we ask for some personal information, including your email address, phone number, name in addition to your Pet’s name and date of birth. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by sending us an email.
Activating a YoPets device
When activating a YoPets device, you will be asked to download the YoPets App and enter information about your pet such as a photo, gender, date of birth, weight and size. Whenever you add this type of data, we collect it and store it with your other account information. We use this information to determine your pets’ personalized fitness stats – for example, and distance travelled – and transmit this data to YoPets App.
- Syncing your YoPets device
When you sync your device, data about your pet activity and the location is transferred from your device to our servers. This data is stored and used to provide the YoPets Service. Each time a sync occurs, we also log data about the transmission. Some examples of the log data are the sync time and date, device battery level, position and activity data of the pet since the last sync.
- Asking for Help
Whenever you contact YoPets for help, we collect your name and email address along with any additional information you provide in your request and store it on our servers in order to provide you with customer service and to improve the customer service. You can also contact YoPets through public forums such as Twitter or Facebook; however, we cannot maintain the privacy of your communication with us if you contact us through these channels.
- Sharing access to your pet info
YoPets lets you share with your friends, who are already YoPets users or invite friends and who have not yet joined to access each other’s pets, and monitor their activity and location from anywhere. When you share your friends’ contact information with us, we will only use it for this purpose. We do not store your phone’s contact list, and the contact information of your family or friend is deleted immediately after it is used for this purpose.
- Available location features
Location features such as mapping and virtual fences are available. To provide accurate real time information required for these features, we collect data like GPS signals, device sensors, Wi-Fi access points, and cell tower IDs to determine your specific location and your pets’ specific location. We store this information along with your other account information in order to provide you with location features. If you are using a mapping feature, we will send your location information to our mapping service provider, so they can display your location on a map. They are contractually prevented from sharing or using this data for any other purpose.
- Visiting the Website
- Information Processing
YoPets uses your data to provide you with the best experience possible and to help you make the most of your device. Here are some examples:
- Size, weight, gender and age will be used to estimate the number of calories your pet burns;
- Contact information is used to send you account notifications and to inform you about new features or products we think you would be interested in;
- Your data is used for research to understand and improve YoPets products and services;
- De-identified data that does not identify you may be used to inform the community about trends; for marketing and promotional use; or for sale to interested audiences.
- We don’t sell any data that could identify you. We only share data about you when it is necessary to provide our services, when the data is de-identified and aggregated, or when you direct us to share it.
- Data that could Identify You
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share PII data under the following circumstances:
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services like order fulfilment, billing, email management and credit card processing. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us;
- If we believe, after due consideration, that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or valid legal process. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by a court order from doing so or where the request or legal process is directly related to a regulatory investigation. In the latter case, we will ensure user information we disclosed is treated as confidential;
- Data that you direct us to Share
- Other Ways You Might Share Your Data
If you subscribed to our newsletter, we will use your data in the following ways:
YoPets newsletter includes news, offers and other information from YoPets. Through the newsletter, you will receive personalized advertising about our products and services or proposals to participate in campaigns.
By subscribing to the YoPets newsletter, you agree that in order for us to make a personalized compilation of news, offers and other information, we may review your purchasing and use patterns of our sites so that we can compile a personalized newsletter for if it meets your needs and interests. Your data is also stored and used for promotional purposes and market research. For this purpose, we will only contact you by email. Finally, we will also use your data to analyze and improve the effectiveness of our sites.
If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. To do so, click on the link in all newsletters. You will be directed to the cancellation process. You may also email us your revocation of consent regarding your subscription to the newsletter.
- Contests and Giveaways
YoPets may also ask you to participate in surveys that help us understand your use of our products and services. Any PII you provide to us in these surveys will only be used in relation to that survey and as stated in this Policy.
- How Long We Save Your Data
We store your PII for as long as you remain as a YoPets customer.
- Edit or Modify Your Data
Any data that you provide to us through the website can be modified by sending an email to Customer Support. Any data that you provide to us through the APP can be modified from your preferences. If you remove data from your User Account, it will no longer appear to you or others who use the Service. Backups of that data will remain in association with your User Account and in our archive servers.
- Deactivate Your YoPets Account
You can deactivate your YoPets account by contacting Customer Support. By doing that, data that can identify you will be removed from the service, including but not limited to your email and name. Backup copies of this data will be removed from our server based upon an automated schedule, which means it may persist in our archive for a short period. YoPets may continue to use your de-identified data.
- YoPets Policies for Children
YoPets is not directed at persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any PII from children under 13. If you are aware of a user under the age of 13 using YoPets, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opt-out Of Receiving YoPets Emails
You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails by unsubscribing via the “Unsubscribe” link in any YoPets email. Opting-out of these emails will not end transmission of important service-related emails that are necessary to your account maintenance.
- Keeping Data Safe
YoPets uses a combination of technical and administrative security controls to maintain the security of your data and protect the personal data of users against unauthorized access. However, the user is responsible for ensuring that the computer they are using is appropriately protected, for example, against malicious software and computer viruses. Furthermore, whenever data is collected over an open network such as the internet, the data may be transmitted without secure conditions, whereby there is a risk it may be seen and used by unauthorised third parties. Users shall not be entitled to provide their password and any other data that permit access to the user’s account to third parties.
If you have a security-related concern, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Data that could Identify You
- Cookies and Other Web Technologies
However, if you delete cookies or block them from being stored, you may not get the full YoPets experience.
- Web Beacons
Web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be used for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, web beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail). YoPets, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality.
- Third Party Services
We use advertising cookies to present you with opportunities to purchase YoPets products on our website, and retargeting cookies, to present you with our advertising on other websites based on your interaction on YoPets website.
We use the following cookies and data analytics platforms:
- Google Adwords Conversion: You can adjust the Google Ads Settings and opt-out of this program;
- Google Tag Manager: To adjust the Settings and opt-out of this program please email us to support@getYoPets.com;
- Facebook Pixel: You can adjust the Settings and opt-out of this program in the setting of your Facebook account;
- Hotjar: You can adjust the Settings and opt-out Hotjar to collect your data by visiting https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out.
- For information on how our advertising partners allow you to opt out of receiving ads based on your web browsing history, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info
- To opt out of ads on Facebook, Pinterest, or Google that are targeted to your interests, use your Facebook, Pinterest, or Google Ads settings.
Check your mobile device for settings that control ads based on your interactions with the applications on your device. For example, on your iOS device, enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting, and on your Android device, enable the “Opt out of Ads Personalization” setting.
We use Mixpanel as our primary analytics tool to understand how our customers use the YoPets Services and Mixpanel People to contact you about the use of our product, for example, to contact you if you have trouble syncing your Device.
Additionally, we use Fabric that provides analytics from iOS and Android Apps; Instabug that helps as a support for problem resolution related with the app; Firebase in order to send App push notifications and Apple Analytics to obtain Analytics from iOS App. To adjust the Settings and opt-out of these programs please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Us if You Have Questions
You are entitled at any time to request information about your Personal Data that we store and request us to correct, delete or block your Personal Data. If you wish to do so or have any other question relating to data protection in connection with the Website or App, please contact us at email@example.com
Maplewiz Solutions Inc.
Suite 201- A, 6060 Highway 7,
Markham, Ontario L3P 3A9
+1 416 880 5654